The Greek National Team is ready for the Educational Robotics Olympiad
- The 9th National Contest World Robot Olympiad™ by WRO Hellas was completed with COSMOTE as strategic partner
Eleven teams of students secured the "ticket" for their participation at Educational Robotics Olympiad- WRO™ (World Robot Olympiad) in Costa Rica, following the 9th National Contest of Educational Robotics. The contest was organized by WRO Hellas (Non-Profit Organization Educational Robotics, Science and Technology), along with COSMOTE as strategic partner and took place last Saturday at the Olympic Stadium of Athens.
More than 500 students from Primary, Junior High and High schools all over Greece participated in the final, designed and constructed sophisticated robotic constructions based on the theme "Robots for Sustainable Development" (Sustainabot). The eleven winner teams per category are:
- Regular Primary school: The Robocaptains and Linkage, Independent Teams
- Regular High school: The Pythagoras team from Leonteion lyceum of N.Smyrni and Robot Direction team from 13th High school of Larisa.
- Regular lyceum: The Independent Le Velo and Kalamata Storm II teams from the Robotics & Programming center of Kalamata
- Open Primary school: The SMARTBIRDS NEXT team from Patra's Primary Schools (44th & N. Souliou)
- Open High school: The Independent G.R.I.D Team
- Open Lyceum: The Minders from the Educational Renaissance
- Advanved Robotics Challenge: 2 teams from University of Macedonia
- Football: The bitbot2 team from bitLab
The eleven groups forming the national Greek team will compete this coming November in Costa Rica, along with more than 600 teams from all over the world. COSMOTE also supports regularly the engagement of national Greek teams at Educational Robotics Olympiad - WRO™, that have obtained significant distinctions, such as the team ranked 4th worldwide, in "football" category, held at Educational Robotics Olympiad in 2016.
The National Contest of Educational Robotics leading to the Educational Robotics Olympiad, is among the actions implemented by WRO Hellas, along with COSMOTE as strategic partner, so as to enhance the spread of educational robotics across our country. Educational Robotics is based on the S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) educational method, offering students better understanding of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Pan-Hellenic educational Robotics Competition for primary, junior high and high school students constitute similar actions.
COSMOTE, through multiple sustainable, development actions, systematically invests in digital expertise growth and education for young people. Through technology and innovation, COSMOTE contributes into making a better world for everyone.
For further information about educational robotics and contests, please visit the website: www.wrohellas.gr.