Sustainable Environment for All
The OTE Group realizes fully that, though low, there are environmental impacts associated with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) activities. At the same time, ICT products and services offer a number of opportunities for supporting sustainable development in many activities and sectors.
In this context, the objectives of the Environmental Strategy of OTE and COSMOTE are:
· The minimization of the environmental impacts from their activities.
· The development and provision of products and services that enable environmental protection, and increases in productivity in other sectors of economic activity.
· The raising of their stakeholders' awareness on acting more responsibly on the issue of environmental protection.
To achieve these objectives OTE and COSMOTE:
· Implement energy conservation measures.
· Strive to increase the utilization of Renewable Energy Sources.
· Integrate the principles of circular economy into their activities by addressing reuse and recycling across their value chain, and by expanding the lifetime and overall utilization of the equipment provided to customers.
· Develop specialized ICT products and services that meet their customers' needs while contributing to environmental protection.
· Ensure that the levels of electromagnetic fields of base stations comply with the public exposure safety limits.
· Conform with the eco-design requirements applicable to the equipment provided.
· Secure high ratings by international sustainability and SRI analysts, and participate in national and international award events that evaluate good practices.
ΟΤΕ and COSMOTE implements a certified Environmental Management System (EMS) with common structure and approach according to ISO 14001:2004.
The commitment of OTE Group to protect the environment is stated in their Integrated Management Systems Policy , and is realized through measures and initiatives already implemented, adopted or planned.
For more information about the most significant OTE Group achievements in environmental protection click here» με το παρακάτω: More information on the 2016 Sustainability Report and on the online presentation of the 2016 Sustainability Data