Educational Robotics- STEM
The National Educational Robotics Competition 2018 for Primary School, Junior High and High- School Students, organized by the Non-Profit Organization of Educational Robotics, Science and Technology "WRO Hellas", with its strategic partner COSMOTE, is completed.
In total, in the Competition, participated:
- More than 3,500 students from all over Greece
- Over 800 ομάδες from 450 schools
Additionally, more than 1,000 teachers participated in special workshops realized throughout the country, in the framework of the Competition, aiming to inform them about the Competition, as well as for educational robotics in general.
In this year's finals of the National Educational Robotics Competition 1,230 students from 265 primary, junior high and high schools participated and the winning teams are:
- For primary school students, with the theme "Colonize Mars", the winning teams are: Space Team from Primary School of Thymiana Chios, Crazy Builders from 3rd Primary School of Heraklion, Attica and OXYGENATORS from GEITONAS School.
- Moreover, in the open category "WeDo 2 football", the top 3 teams are: Iron Maiden Robots, Christiano Ronaldo from the third Arsakeio - Tositseio School in Ekali and Lefo FC from the 10th Primary School of Kallithea.
- For junior high school students, with the theme "Byzantine Empire & Communications", the winning teams are: Smart Moves, TALOS from 2nd High School of Ioannina Intercultural Education and Robots FC from the 13th High School of Larissa.
- For high school students, with the theme "Sustainable Development and Entrepreneurship" the top 3 teams are: Robotic Alchemies- 12th High School of Patras, Thetiko, Thetiko Cram School, Robotree High School with Junior High Classrooms.
Through actions for sustainable development, such as Educational Robotics initiatives, COSMOTE invests to a better world for all, through technology.
COSMOTE STEM Initiatives
COSMOTE, the last 4 years, as a strategic partner of Non-Profit Organization of Educational Robotics, Science and Technology WRO Hellas, is implementing a series of initiatives in order to disseminate the STEM (Science – Technology-Engineering–Mathematics) educational method to the Greek educational system. Educational Robotics is based on S.T.E.M educational method. Combining science, mathematics, engineering and technology in building a complete robotic construction-model, it strengthens the ability of children to acquire new skills while it promotes team working and creative thinking.
The actions implemented by the strategic partnership of COSMOTE and WRO Hellas are the National Educational Robotics Competition for Primary school, Junior and Senior High- School Student, as well as the National stages for the World Robot Olympiad, organized by WRO Hellas the last 10 years. Through these stages, the Greek teams participating annually in the World Robot Olympiad™ are selected.
Until now, the students' participations in the educational robotics competitions have exceeded the 11,000, while annually more than 1,000 teachers are participating in the relevant educational workshops.
Moreover, COSMOTE supports the participation of Greek teams in World Robot Olympiad™ and has provided more than 350 educational robotics kits to students' teams from all over the Greece.
The Non-Profit Organization of Educational Robotics, Science and Technology WRO Hellas is the main organizer of robotics educational competitions in Greece and in the broader area of Southeast Europe. WRO Hellas is the official organizer of the World Robot Olympiad – W.R.O. in Greece.
More information for WRO Hellas in its official website: www.wrohellas.gr