Child and Safety in Technology
OTE Group is not limited to delivering top quality products and services, but goes on to inform customers and the public about the safe use of technology. Certain, that along with knowledge and progress comes responsibility for the safe use of new technologies, ΟΤΕ and COSMOTE continue raising awareness among the public and systematically developing products and services for the purposes of prevention and optimal use of technology.
1. Offer Products and Services for Safe Use of the Internet
- COSMOTE Total Security: This service ensures the protection of up to 5 devices, such as tablet, PC, laptop and smartphone, whether the user is online or offline. It includes Αnti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Firewall, Banking Protection, Browsing Protection, Mobile Finder, as well as Parental Control services, offering control and barring of access to pages and applications with inappropriate content.
- COSMOTE TV Parental Control Services, for broadband and satellite service subscribers. With these services, subscribers have the option to set their preferred parental control level and block access to specific programs based on the degree of suitability of the respective programme. Additionally, subscribers can block access to specific channels of their choice.
2. Inform and Raise Awareness of the Public
- www.safekids.gr: Through this website, parents can be informed on how technology can be more useful and safe for children, by providing useful information and answers to issues that concern them.
- Informative Meetings for Safe Internet Browsing at the OTE Group Telecommunications Museum: Informative meetings on safe Internet browsing by representatives of the Cyber Crime Unit, addressed to middle school students, are held at the Museum.
- Theatrical Play at the OTE Group Telecommunications Museum:
The Museum is hosting the successful theatrical play "The Internet Farm", so that preschool and primary school children develop the skills to safely browse the Internet.
3. Collaborate with Recognized Bodies
- Support of the workshops for safe internet navigation, organized by the Cyber Crime Unit.
- Support of the 1st Mobile Education and Technology Mobile Laboratory, which is an initiative of "The Smile of the Child" Organization, aiming to inform students, parents and teachers about significant issues, such as safe use of the internet.
4. Participate in Self-Regulatory Initiatives
- Participation, through Deutsche Telekom Group, in the European initiative, «ICT Coalition for the Safer Use of Connected Devices and Online Services by Children and Young People in the EU»
- COSMOTE, since 2007, participates in the European Memorandum on safe use of mobile phones by children and teenagers.
- COSMOTE, has collaborated with other mobile telephony providers in Greece, in order to develop the "National Code of Conduct for mobile phones and protection of users", which was adjusted, in 2008, according to European standards.
- Cyber Crime Unit
- Greek Safer Internet Center
- The Greek Hotline for illegal Internet content "SafeLine.gr". Visit Safeline.gr to:
a) report illegal internet content: http://www.safeline.gr/en/report,
b) to download the SafeLine Android App for reporting online illegal content http://www.safeline.gr/en/reports/android-mobile-application-0