- OTE TV launches OTE HISTORY, a new channel dedicated to Greek history and civilization.
- COSMOTE Home Speed Booster is launched, combining, for the first time in Greece, fixed and mobile internet speeds, through Hybrid technology, for fixed internet speeds of up to 100 Mbps.
- OTE TV reaches 460.000 subscribers in April.
- The OTE Group announces the donation of more than €600,000 to the Hellenic Coast Guard for 2015-2016 for the repair and maintenance of ships and vessels operating mainly in the Eastern Aegean sea, as well as for the procurement of rescue equipment.
- OTE Group, in cooperation with the Greek Ministry of Culture and Sports, announces the offering of free wireless broadband (Wi-Fi) services at the top 20 archaeological sites and museums in Greece.
- 100,000 subscribers are already enjoying the new OTE TV hybrid environment that combines the benefits of both the satellite platform and iptv.
- The rapid growth of the Group's new generation fixed-line and mobile networks resulted in June, in population coverage of more than 85% for 4G , 64% for 4G+ and 42%. For VDSL.
- COSMOTE contributes to research on dementia through a unique Mobile Game, the "Sea Hero Quest", placing technology and innovation to the service of people.
- COSMOTE unified brand is established for all fixed, mobile, and internet services.
- COSMOTE One, an integrated world of communication and entertainment and COSMOTE Business One, a world of communication and technology for businesses, are commercially launched.
- OTE Group launches 4G+ mobile network and is the first in Greece and among the first in Europe, to commercially launch 4G+ speeds up to 375Mbps. At the end of the year, the company demonstrated first in Greece and among the first in the world, mobile internet speeds up to 500Mbps.
- At the end of the year, 4G population coverage exceeds 80% and VDSL 40%.
- OTE TV reaches 445.000 subscribers.
- OTE becomes the first Greek company, after more than a year, to raise €350 million through a new four-year fixed-rate bond issue in the international markets.
- OTE Group started the transformation of its fixed network to All IP, aiming to provide top quality IP telephony, high definition (HD) voice, and value added services.
- The Group's subsidiary in Albania, AMC, is renamed to Telekom Albania.
- A new collective labor agreement is signed, securing job positions for the following three years.
- OTE TV secures rights to broadcast the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League from 2015 until 2018.
- OTE secures rights to use radiofrequencies in the 800MHz and 2.6GHz spectrum bands in Greece (1.11.2014-28.2.2030). Investment worth €134.8mn.
- OTE Group's subsidiaries in Romania, Cosmote Romania and RomTelecom transform to Telekom Romania Mobile Communications and Telekom Romania Communications respectively and share a common corporate identity as Telekom Romania
- OTE announced the signing of an agreement to sell its 99.05% stake in Hellas Sat which manages the HellasSat2 satellite, to Arabsat, the leading satellite services provider in the Middle East and Africa and one of the world's top satellite operators. OTE will receive total proceeds of €215 million from the sale.
- OTE successfully completed the bookbuilding process for the issue of €700 million, 5-year Fixed Rate Notes. The issue was oversubscribed 2.7 times, with the demand set at an amount in excess of €1.9 billion.
- A groundbreaking, for the Greek market, Company Collective Agreement (CCA) was signed between OTE Management and employee representatives on the working hours at OTE shops.
- OTE sold Globul for €717 million to Telenor.
- OTE TV exceeded 250,000 subscribers, more than doubling the 100,000 subscriptions of 2012. This development is changing correlations in the pay TV market in Greece.
- OTE Group announced investments of over 1.2 billion euros in the next four years in Greece mainly in New Generation Networks.
- OTE received an award for Corporate Responsibility activities in accordance with the National Corporate Responsibility Index (CR Index). OTE was awarded the highest category «PLATINUM» for its CR actions.
- OTE has topped a survey by Transparency International-Greece on the level of disclosure of the anti-corruption programme implemented by the largest companies in Greece (with revenues exceeding €1 billion).
- One year since the launch of Next Generation networks by the OTE Group, as in late 2012 OTE offered VDSL services to consumers and COSMOTE was the first company to launch a 4G network in Greece. At the end of 2013 ΟΤΕ Group could provide to over 1 million households access to OTE VDSL services and 4th generation mobile data services to 55% of the population offering more than twice the coverage provided by other networks.
- OTE announced the successful completion of its Voluntary Exit Schemes, launched in November in the context of the company's transformation process through socially responsible solutions. With the initial targets significantly exceeded, 1,827 employees accepted the incentives offered by the company, mainly from the tranche that included employees close to retirement. Net annual cost savings for OTE are estimated to about €94 million.
• Two Voluntary Retirement Incentives Programs were proposed and successfully completed by OTE, where 1,516 employees have accepted the incentives offered by the company. The programs are part of the effort to transform the company through socially responsible solutions that respect the employees and their offer and do not burden the insurance funds, since OTE bears the entire cost.
• With the innovative initiative "your business.gr", OTE offers the opportunity for the first time in Greece, to SMEs and freelancers to promote their business on the Internet, easily, quickly and free of charge for a whole year, through a specially designed website, at www.yourbusiness.gr and through a simple and handy tool.
• By late November, OTE has launched VDSL, the fastest Internet service ever. With speeds up to 50 Mbps, VDSL from OTE is changing our everyday Internet experience providing new capabilities for faster downloading of files, great High Definition and uninterrupted video-streaming, as well as direct uploading, sharing of photos and video.
• More than 100 thousand subscribers have registered in mid-October for the subscriber base of OTE TV, as the service is steadily gaining the preference and trust of viewers. The dynamic growth of the subscriber base of OTE TV follows the continuous strengthening of the platform with new channels, advanced services and content in high definition.
• A new era of prices has started in May for the customers of OTE, who are able to enjoy the new Double Play Unlimited Plans that combine Conn-x and unlimited telephony to fixed lines, as well as reduced prices of up to 25%.
• Six new athletes with diligence, perseverance, and dedication were able to achieve their goal and with considerable distinction have supported OTE and COSMOTE. This is about an initiative of the two companies, entitled #MHSTAMATAS (DON'T STOP) that aims, through sports, to focus and highlight young people, who are the driving forces of the country.
• OTE signed an agreement for the sale of the minority stake it held in Telecom Serbia's share capital for approximately 400 million euro.
- integrated all technical and commercial customer service numbers under one common number, namely 13888,
- simplified customers' bills, redesigned corporate website www.ote.gr and initiated OTE shops remodelling.
• Deutsche Telekom acquired an additional 10% of Greek State shares, including voting rights, thus increasing its stake in OTE to 40% - the Greek State's participation stands at 10%.
• Michael Tsamaz assumes the position of OTE Chairman and CEO. The OTE Board of Directors appoint Mr. Tsamaz Chairman and CEO of OTE, on 3rd November
• OTE presents Conn-x TV, changing the way we watch television. It is based on IPTV technology, making it possible to transmit television signal via telecom cables, in particular through an ADSL broadband connection. Conn-x TV includes over 40 channels with digital signal, allowing a viewer to watch the content they desire, whenever they wish
• Development of broadband continues nationwide, with active ADSL connections exceeding 1,1 million. OTE provides broadband connections to more than 1500 points of presence throughout the country, corresponding to about 95% of the country's telephone connections
• An additional 5% of Greek State shares, including voting rights, are sold, thus bringing Deutsche Telekom stake in OTE to 30% and 20% for the Greek State
• COSMOTE completes Telemobil SA (Zapp) acquisition in Rumania
• COSMOFON-owned by COSMOTE- sale in FYROM completed
• COSMOTE owns 100% of GERMANOS, the top telecom retail chain in the broader Southeast region, with 1075 shops.
• OTE broadband connections came to 825,000, while available ports surpassed 1,200,000
• New speeds available reaching 24Mbps
• Successful completion of the 2-year national program "OTE on the Broadband" aiming to inform people regarding broadband and new technologies. The program visited in total 33 cities-stations and had over 28.000 visitors
• Annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report of 2006 was certified according to the "G3" international guidelines of the GRI
2006 - 2005
Broadband technology development and expansion
• Broadband connections surpassed 500.000 in the end of 2006 – 10 times more than 2005
• Broadband speed was doubled in 2006
• "OTE on the Broadband" 2-year programme started in 2006 having as its main objective to inform people on broadband technology.
2004 - 2000
2004: OTE and COSMOTE act as Grand National Sponsors of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games
- OTE raises its stake in RomTelecom to 54%
2001-2003: OTE ranks, stock wise, among the 500 largest organizations globally and among the 10 largest telecommunications organizations in Europe
2001: ΟΤΕ operates within the deregulated telecommunications market
2000: OTE acquires a GSM License in Bulgaria and establishes Globul to exploit this license
1998 - 1990
- Third public stock offering
1997: Second successful public stock offering
- ΟΤΕ is listed on the Athens Stock Exchange (IPO)
- The idea of ISDN and satellite television is formed
1994: The Network Management System is operational originally in Athens (N.M.S)
-The Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission is established(www.eett.gr), it's the regulatory authority of the telecommunication market
1991: Videoconference Service.
- Widespread use of fiber optics
- The HELLASPAC public network commences commercial operations
1989 - 1979
1989: The first fully digitized switching centers (long-distance and hub) of the EWSD/SIEMENS system
1988: Partial operation of the first fully digitized international switching center according to the international communication standards (C.C.I.T.T)
1987: Paging service
1986 :The Thermopylae Inmarsat Land Earth Station in CSC commences commercial operations
1981 : The New MT-20 International Electronic Switching Centre in Athens is operational
1979 : The International Electronic Teletype Centre in Athens is operational
1974 - 1965
September 1972: Construction of the second antenna of the Center of Satellite Communication in Thermopylae
1971: Yellow Pages
April 1970: Installation of the first antenna of the Centre of Satellite Communication in Thermopylae (the 6th in Europe)
1969: The automatic-semiautomatic International Teletype Centre in Athens becomes operational
1968: Laying of the submarine cable Greece-Italy, MED 3
1965: Automation of the Greek long-distance telephone network
1962 - 1949
1962: Automation of the TELEX service begins
1957: The TELEX service becomes operational
1953: The first Greek telephone directory is published
10 November 1949: OTE S.A commences commercial operations
23 October 1949: ΟΤΕ S.A is founded (act.1049/49)