In the new digital era, innovative technologies are radically changing the way we live, creating new standards of development, while they have a direct impact in every aspect of life. As a result, Internet has become an integral part of everyone's life, due to consumers’ ever-growing needs for communication, entertainment, and connectivity.
At OTE Group, understanding how important these needs are, we systematically invest in telecommunications infrastructure and new technologies in Greece and we support country’s journey towards its digital transformation. Currently, an investment plan of € 2 billion is in progress until 2022, mainly for fixed and mobile new generation networks.
In 2019, we achieved the goal we had set for the expansion of the Fiber to the Home (FTTH) infrastructure and we offered access to 100% optical fiber to the home for guaranteed Internet speeds of 100 & 200Mbps, to 150,000 households and businesses in Greece, while for in 2020 the target is 300,000.
In mobile telephony, COSMOTE 4G and 4G+ LTE Advanced technology networks are by far the No1 in Greece in terms of population coverage, reaching a 99% and 96% coverage respectively. In 2019, COSMOTE mobile network was declared by Ookla, as the fastest Mobile Internet network in Greece for the 3rd consecutive year, and received the “Best in Test” certiﬁcation for data and voice services for the 5th consecutive year, from the internationally recognized testing networks company Umlaut (former P3 Communications).
At OTE Group we recognize that 5G technology, the next generation of wireless communication, is expected to initiate an era of extremely high speeds and unlimited possibilities. COSMOTE has already implemented the first 5G test network in Greece, in the Municipality of Zografou, a suburb of Athens, achieving live speeds of over 12Gbps. Furthermore, COSMOTE will proceed to the development of its 5G network in Greece in collaboration with Ericsson. The selection was the result of a tender procedure.
Aﬀordable Prices for All
At OTE Group we have a wide range of products and services tailored to the needs of our customers and at affordable prices for everyone.
In 2019, we offered new portfolio of combined and fixed programs & Internet, while in mobile telephony COSMOTE introduced GIGA Max, a series of new mobile internet plans focusing on oﬀering packages with large amounts of mobile data (>20GB) for customers. Moreover, following a data liberation strategy, in aﬀordable price, COSMOTE oﬀered:
- double the amount of mobile data, available at the monthly data bundles, for the same price, and
- mobile data bundles to What’s Up prepaid customers (for free or at a small price), which led to a 40% annual increase in the annual average data use per month
For business customers COSMOTE has also a variety of products and services:
- Business One program has been relaunched with new features, enabling businesses to operate more eﬃciently and cost-eﬀectively. The program includes communication solutions for each one of the businesses’ employees, including extremely fast Internet speeds via the largest ﬁber optic network in Greece (COSMOTE Fiber), as well as advanced Private Branch Exchange (PBX) services, security services for both ﬁxed and mobile devices, Internet Backup and File Back up and cloud services.
- The Business Cloud and Applications platform provides businesses with direct and easy access to cloud applications that meet their operational needs (such as Cloud Servers, Oﬃce 365, ERP etc.), reducing their operating costs.
- Hoteliga, oﬀers hotel owners a useful tool to manage their procedures (e.g. bookings, facilities, services etc.) remotely.
- COSMOTE Digital Marketing4U helps businesses promote their website or social media accounts on Google and social media platforms.
- COSMOTE Fleet Tracker through which ﬂeet managers can manage all of their vehicles and monitor easily and eﬀectively their business ﬂeet at a low cost.