- The mobile telecommunications network offered 97% population coverage.
- It had 1,000,000 mobile customers.
- The third public stock offering took place.
- Listing on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- Acquisition of a 35% stake in RomTelecom, Romania’s telephony company.
- The commercial operation of OTE Group’s mobile telephony in Greece commenced via COSMOTE S.A.
- The second public stock offering successfully commenced.
- OTE S.A. was listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
- The Group’s operations expanded into the Balkans, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- The Network Management System (N.M.S) began its initial operations in Athens.
- The new Center of Satellite Communication in Nemea commenced operations.
- The subsidiaries Hellascom Int., Foreign Currency Exchange, OTEnet, Cosmote, Hellas Sat, OTE leasing, Maritel were founded.
- The first 350 card-operated payphones were installed.
- The provision of Video-conference Services began
- A broad fiber optic network was installed.
- The public network HELLASPAC began commercial operations.