The OTE Group fully understands that, though low, there are environmental impacts associated with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) activities. At the same time, it is acknowledged that digitalization is a key tool to achieve United Nations’ Sustainability Goals and cope up with environmental challenges at local, regional and global level.
In this context, OTE Group has adopted Environmental Strategy, aligned with its business strategy, and aims at:
- The minimization of the environmental impacts from its activities across its value chain.
- Τhe development and provision of products and services that enable environmental protection and increase productivity in other sectors of economic activity.
- Raising its stakeholders' awareness on acting more responsibly on all aspects of environmental protection.
To achieve these objectives, our Group:
- Analyzes environmental risks and opportunities.
- Monitors environmental performance in a timely and transparent manner.
- Addresses climate change through energy efficiency improvements and Renewable Energy Sources use.
- Enables the electrification of our transportation activities, considering the maturity of the market and the technology, as well as the availability of vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Integrates the principles of circular economy into its activities to improve resources efficiency in own operations but also on upstream (suppliers) and downstream (customers) activities.
- Recycles the majority of the waste generated.
- Increases the lifetime and decreases the footprint of the products sold/leased to customers while ensuring recycling at the end of their lifetime.
- Develops specialized ICT products and services that meet customers’ needs while contributing to environmental protection.
- Ensures that the levels of electromagnetic fields of its base stations comply with the public exposure safety limits.
- Develops awareness initiatives for its stakeholders and implement environmental sponsorship programs through strategic partnerships.
- Contributes / participates, autonomously or as a member of DT Group, in initiatives addressing sustainability and climate change (e.g., UN Global Compact, RE100, Race to Zero campaign).
- Secures high ratings by international sustainability and SRI analysts.
Aiming at effective environmental management along the entire value chain, companies of our Group implement, in the context of the Integrated Management System
, Environmental Management Systems (EMS) certified according to ISO 14001 standard and Energy Management Systems certified according to ISO 50001 standard. The systems share similar structure, approach and policy, in which the commitment of our Group to environmental protection is fully incorporated.