The OTE Group sets the example! Employee volunteering and participation in sustainability initiatives form a major part of the Group's overall social contribution. Just some of the most significant activities are presented below:
- Blood Donation Program: This program was introduced in 1976. It is the Group's longest-lasting voluntary. In 2022, a total of 1,382 units of blood were collected from OTE Group employees. 435 units were made available to meet the needs of employees and their families, while the remaining 947 were given to cover social needs throughout Greece. Since 1976, OTE Group has collected more than 33,214 units of blood.
- Bone Marrow Donation: COSMOTE in collaboration with the NGO "Choose Life" and the University of Patra’s program "KEDMOP - Give life" created the program where employees can donate bone marrow and give hope to people who need a transplant. Since the launch of the initiative, more than 627 COSMOTE employees have made a bone marrow donation.
- "Running for a good cause": For fifteen years now, OTE Group employees have been running in the Athens Authentic Marathons, supporting the work of charitable organizations.
- Donation of food and children's books: in 2022 we took the initiative to help and do an act of love during Christmas, with our employees collecting and donating food, in collaboration with the Greek Food Bank, for those in need and children's books, in collaboration with Library4All, for kindergartens and primary schools.
- Support to the sellers of the street magazine "Shedia": Since 2020, OTE Group supports the accredited sellers of the "Shedia" street magazine by hosting and providing them with protected distribution points in selected buildings for the sale of the magazine to its employees. The accredited vendors, who come from vulnerable social groups, are financially empowered as they receive part of the profits from each sale.