- Fiber to the Home lines surpass 250,000 - Goal of 300,000 by the end of the year
- Guaranteed internet speeds of 100 and 200 Mbps starting at €28,90/month, subsidised through the Superfast Broadband initiative
Thirty-six new areas throughout Greece have now access to 100% Fiber to the Home (FTTH) through COSMOTE Fiber
, the country’s largest fiber optic network. Since the beginning of this year, over 100,000 new FTTH lines have been added – a 70% increase over the end of 2019 – in spite of the network-development difficulties created by the pandemic. There are now over 250,000 households and businesses throughout the country with access to the unlimited potential of FTTH.
The new areas that have gained access to FTTH infrastructure via COSMOTE Fiber – by region – are:
- Eastern Macedonia & Thrace: Drama, Kavala and Komotini
- Attica: Agia Paraskevi, Anoixi, Dionysos, Ekali, Kamatero, Keratea, Koropi, Markopoulo, Nea Makri, Pikermi, Saronida and Chaidari
- North Aegean: Samos
- Western Macedonia: Kastoria and Ptolemaida
- Thessaly: Trikala
- Central Macedonia: Giannitsa, Edessa, Kilkis, Naousa and Serres. In Thessaloniki, FTTH infrastructure reached the municipality of Epanomi for the first time and was extended to additional households and businesses in Oraiokastro.
- Crete: Agios Nikolaos, Ierapetra and new areas in the municipality of Chania
- South Aegean: Ialysos and the municipality of Rhodes
- Peloponnese: Corinth, Messini, Pyrgos in Elis and Tripoli
- Central Greece: Lamia and Chalkida
Thanks to the ongoing extension of the FTTH network, OTE Group remains No 1 in population coverage, having installed over 75% of all FTTH lines in Greece.
“The extension of the Fiber to the Home network throughout Greece is one of the largest telecommunications infrastructure upgrade projects in recent decades. Wherever optical fiber reaches an outlet, a new digital era is ushered in for households and businesses in the area, with unlimited potential for connectivity and use of innovative technological applications. We’re moving forward dynamically with our four-year €2 billion investment plan for developing state-of-the-art networks, in spite of the problems caused by the pandemic and thanks to our technicians and the staff of our technological services throughout the country. Our goal is for FTTH to reach over 300,000 homes and businesses by the end of the year,
” said OTE Group’s Chief Technology and Operations Officer, Stefanos Theocharopoulos.
Fiber to the Home, starting at €28.90
COSMOTE has the COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed 100 & 200Mbps
plans starting at €28.90/month
, providing guaranteed ultra-high speeds of 100 & 200Mbps with the option of future upgrades to 1Gbps.
The price reflects the €360 special subsidy from the Digital Governance Ministry’s Superfast Broadband initiative. The action is being implemented through vouchers for €13/month for 24 months against the fixed rate of COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed plans and €482 against the one-time connection cost. To check availability and access all necessary information on the Superfast Broadband initiative, visit www.sfbb.gr.
For businesses, COSMOTE has the COSMOTE Business Double Play Fiberspeed Basic & Full Pack
plans starting at €39.90/month2 in combination with the special subsidy for FTTH connection through the Superfast Broadband initiative.
 The COSMOTE Fiber optical fiber network is owned by OTE S.A.
 The prices for the COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed 100 XL plan (€28,90/month) and COSMOTE Business Double Play Fiberspeed 100 Basic (€39,90/month) come in combination with the Superfast Broadband action subsidy. The price of COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed 100 XL includes a €1 discount for e-bill activation. Connection cost comes to €2 when offset by the Superfast Broadband subsidy. It is charged as a one-time fee and includes the FTTH activation and installation fees. Prices include 24% VAT and are subject to the 5% Fixed Telephony Subscribers’ Fee of article 55 of Law 4389/2016. Connection cost is not subject to the Fixed Telephony Subscribers’ Fee.