For television stations’ needs, OTE Group has developed a modern telecommunications network that ensures high-quality services for television broadcasting (analog or digital) and covers sports, political and cultural events, 24 hours a day.
In addition to TV stations, TV circuits concern TV signal and content distributors.
Among the provided services are:
- Permanent Lines that can transfer television signals (both for signal distribution from source, and for gathering programs from different points). It is possible to transfer digital SDI & ASI signal at different compression rates, and uncompressed high-definition signals. Six (6) months are defined as the minimum lease time.
- Temporary lines that share the same characteristics with the permanent ones, but can be leased from 1 day to 6 months.
- Ad-hoc transmissions that last up to 24 hours and cover sports, political and cultural events, 24 hours a day in more than 50 cities around the country using fiber optic or wireless networks.
- Satellite TV broadcast Services that include tranferring television signals from customer's premises to the premises of OTE digital platform, its digitization, encoding / compression during MPEG-2, its optional encryption at BISS, its multiplexing, transferring the multiplexed signal in the terrestrial satellite broadcast station, the uplink to the satellite and the availability of adequate satellite capacity on the satellite for the corresponding broadcast.
- Transportable Satellite Station which provides high quality video broadcasting 24 hours a day both in Greece and abroad, thus meeting the requirements of Greek and foreign television channels and of international news agencies. It provides flexibility for transmissions from any location, independent or terrestrial TV networks as well as ability to change focus at different satellites in a short time. EUTELSAT and HELLASSAT satellites are utilized for receiving and broadcasting station TV, while each station operates in an Ku Band frequency range.
You can discover the practical application of TV circuits daily in areas such as:
- News (live links via television or radio stations)
- Sports events (Olympic Games, World Championships, football matches, sporting events)
- Political events (elections, conferences)
- Organzation of cultural events (Eurovision, concerts, Festivals)