‘Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation S.A.’ (‘OTE S.A.’ or ‘OTE’) was established in 1949, and its headquarters are currently based in the Municipality of Maroussi.
OTE is the largest telecommunications company in the Greek market, providing broadband and fixed line telephony services to Greek and international companies, consumers and public sector bodies. The OTE Group – comprising OTE S.A. and its subsidiaries – also offers mobile telephony services, Internet access, digital communications, leased line services and high-speed data communication.
Basic figures for OTE S.A. for the twelve-months ending 31 December 2010
Number of employees: 10,925 employees (regular personnel)
OTE S.A. turnover: EUR 2169.8 million
Total capitalisation EUR 3.6 billion
Share price (30 Dec 2010): EUR 6.13 (as a total number)
Detailed information can be found on OTE’s Investor Relations website:
The OTE Group, in addition to its leading position in the Greek market, currently ranks among the leading telecommunications groups in South-East Europe, operating in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Albania.
OTE Group owns 20% in Telekom Serbia, the largest telecommunications provider in Serbia. Moreover, as of 2009, OTE Group has 100% ownership of GERMANOS, the largest company in South-East Europe trading in technology products.
Aside from broadband services, OTE Group offers fixed and mobile telephony, satellite connections, high-speed data communication and leased line services. OTE Group employs approximately 32,600 people in 5 countries, with a Group turnover of EUR 5,482.8 million.
Detailed information regarding OTE shareholdings in other companies as well as Group financial details, can be found on OTE’s Investor Relations website: http://www.ote.gr/portal/page/portal/InvestorRelation/
OTE Ownership Status / Shareholder Breakdown
On the basis of the shareholder list of 31 December 2010, the share structure of the Company was the following:
Greek State: 20.0%
Deutsche Telekom: 30.0%
International Institutional Investors: 30.2%
Domestic Institutional Investors: 9.7%
Other Investors: 10.1%
OTE Share Structure
OTE shares are traded in the following stock exchanges:
- Athens Stock Exchange (ordinary nominal shares)
- London Stock Exchange (in the form of Global Depositary Receipts -GDRs-)
- Following its de-listing from the New York Stock Exchange, OTE American Depositary Shares (ADS) will now be traded in the OTC market, under the HLTOY ticker, with the Level I ADSs programme. OTE continues to fulfil its reporting obligations towards the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
OTE Group Key Business Developments in 2010
- OTE notifies NYSE of its intention of delisting from the New York Stock Exchange.
- OTE announces its decision to implement the dissolution and liquidation of ‘OTE PROPERTIES AEEAP’ Company.
- OTE announces a series of extensive Management reshuffles, aiming at reinforcing its organisational structure and its operation at Group level.
Detailed information is available at: